Los Angeles I-751 Visa Lawyer

The Importance of I-751 Marriage Visas

If you obtained conditional U.S. residency through a marriage to a U.S. citizen, and that marriage is less than two years old, you will need to submit a Form I-751 to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCSI) in order to convert the residency status to permanent. Otherwise, once the conditional green card expires after two years, the immigrating spouse's residency status will become invalid and he or she may be deported.

Filing for permanent residency can be a complex and confusing process, and with so much at stake, it is crucial that couples seek the legal guidance of an experienced immigration lawyer. Ensuring that your I-751 Marriage visa petition is successful requires specific documents and proof that the marriage is not simply an attempt to evade immigration laws. At The Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C., our attorneys are dedicated to helping married couples including same-sex couples throughout the process of obtaining permanent residency in the U.S. Call (800) 792-9889 to discuss the best course of action for your circumstances, including a document review.

Eligibility for Submitting Form I-751

The USCIS grants immigrating spouses, who have been married to a U.S. citizen less than two years, a two-year visa in order to deter immigrants from taking advantage of the supposed "fast track" to permanent residency through marriage. During the last 90 days of this conditional residence period, the married couple must submit a Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence, with various important documents that provide evidence of a legitimate marital relationship.

To remove the conditional status, you must meet the following requirements:

Failing to properly file Form I-751 can turn a family's life upside down in the event that one or more members are deported. Keep your family together with the help of an experienced Los Angeles marriage visa lawyer.

Protecting Your Future

Adjusting a residency status in the U.S. can be stressful and overwhelming, but it is essential to take action and prevent the situation from becoming even more complicated by having to fight deportation. If you or your spouse is a foreign citizen hoping to secure permanent residency, please contact The Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C. to have a knowledgeable immigration lawyer on your side. Our attorneys will provide one-on-one legal guidance to ensure that you and your family understand your rights and achieve success. Contact us online or by phone at (800) 792-9889 to schedule a consultation and document evaluation.

Marriage & Immigration Information

Copyright © The Immigration Law Office of Los Angeles, P.C. - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.